The Century City Chamber of Commerce offers electronically Chamber stamped Certificates of Origin and export documentation.
- Why use the Chamber? Our electronic Certificates of Origin provide easy, fast, and affordable Customs clearance.
- Online applications allow same day processing and ability to print certified documents at your desk.
- Security and compliance are ensured utilizing an international template and the AWTCC seal is recognized worldwide.
- The authenticity of each document can be verified by customs worldwide at www.CertificateofOrigin.com
- Reduces shipment delays due to incomplete documentation.
- All applications are stored online with audit trail, fully searchable database and attachments.
- What are Certificates of Origin? A Certificates of Origin (CO) are an important international trade document attesting that goods in a particular export shipment are wholly obtained, produced, manufactured, or processed in a particular country. COs also constitute a declaration by the exporter. Millions of COs are issued every year, facilitating trade around the world. Virtually every country in the world considers the origin of imported goods when determining the duty that will be applied to the goods or, in some cases, whether the goods may be legally imported at all. In addition, COs may be needed to comply with letters of credit, foreign customs requirements or a buyer’s request.
- Beyond the CO—Legalization Certain countries, primarily those that are non-signatories to the Hague Convention Abolishing the Requirement of Legalization for Foreign Public Documents, require commercial documents to be legalized by the country’s US Embassy or Consulate. Depending on invoice value, embassy fees can run into thousands of dollars in some countries, so exporters must be aware of these requirements. The most common countries requiring embassy or consulate legalization include: Algeria, Argentina, Bahrain, Bolivia, Egypt, Iraq, Iran, Jordan, Kuwait, Lebanon, Libya, Oman, Paraguay, Somalia, Sudan, Syria, Qatar, Tunisia, UAE and Yemen. Our chamber, in partnership with AWTCC, offers this service. Each document is quoted on an individual basis prior to processing. Simply request legalization service with the application.
- Benefits of eCertificates of Origin Chambers of Commerce issue millions of CO per year. To keep pace with the rapid shift to e-Business and improve efficiency in serving the business community, providing eCO is a top priority for Chambers. With increasing concerns on fraud and the need to improve the security of the supply chain security, many Chambers already provide online CO services to provide a secure trading environment, but also to save time, costs and increase transparency. In addition to speeding up application and issue processes, eCO also helps Chambers to reinforce the integrity of COs. This is possible because eCO systems are able to include security features such as online eCO authenticity verification, optical watermarking technology to distinguish between original and copies of COs issued, digital rubber stamps of the Chamber and signatures of authorized officials, microprint to deter unauthorized re-production of the CO, 2-D barcode to ensure data integrity, PKI technology to ensure data security and authenticity and printer control language is used to control the printing of only one original CO. eCOs have been welcomed by the business community as they speed up customs clearance and expedite clearance of letters of credit by banks.
To Order Your Certificates of Origin
Download and fill out the Application form and email the completed form to email@example.com. Once your registration is processed, you will receive an email with your login information. Use the link below to login to your account. The User Guide will give you step-by-step instructions on how to submit your document.
Your Member Advantage
Same day processing print certified documents at your own desk
Security & Compliance
Verify at CertificateOfOrigin.com or at certificates.iccwbo.org Utilizes international template
Management reports available
Certificates of Free Sale
$25.00 for members
$50.00 for non-members
What’s in it for YOU?
- All certification staff is accredited by the International Chamber of Commerce (ICC) World Chambers Federation
- AWTCC seal is recognized and accepted by customs worldwide
- Ensures you have taken all steps to comply with rules, regulations, and international industry best practices
- Helps you achieve objectives in terms of quality, cost, scheduling, performance
- Ensures your transactions are secure with security background on completed certificates and secure web-based application
- Reduces shipment delays due to incomplete documentation
- Online certification saves on couriers, travel, postage, parking fees
- Engineered to prevent common errors with repetitive applications—perfect for high volume users
- Video tutorials, online help, certification help, phone and email support
- Only pay for services used—no expensive software to purchase
- All applications are stored online with audit trail, fully searchable database and attachments
- Downloadable, detailed management Excel/PDF Reports